Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lets Try This Again!

So I really don't like how messed up our blog got. Our posts were really out of order and Robert finally learned how to fix it so now all our fans can look at our blog with more ease.

Anyway, we are doing well right now. School just started back up and I am really excited this semester since it is the most laid back semester I have had in a long time. The only bad part is that mine and Robert's schedules are totally opposite so we don't have many opportunties to see each other durning the week. It's only for 4 months though and we will deal with it the best we can. On a brighter note though, I have really great teachers, for the most part and they have kept the work load at a doable pace this semester. My internshiph this semester is at Catalina Ventura Elementary School which is really weird because that is the same school that Robert is doing his internship at (only he gets paid for it!). It was totally random that it worked out this way but we really don't see each other there since I do morning internships and he does afternoon internships. This will be my last semester of book work and next semester I will be doing my student teaching. I am excited to finally be done with school. It is so expensive and I am done giving ASU all my money. I haven't really decided what grade I want to teach. I have always said 1st or 2nd grade but now that I have interned twice in a 6th grade class I guess I wouldn't mind 5th or 6th grade either. I guess only time will tell.....

Robert is hoping to become a certified speech language pathology assistant by the end of this semester so that he can get as much experience as possible for the most amount of money possible before he gets his bachelors degree as an SLP. I am so proud of the way he has hit school running he loves what he is going into and seached all summer for an intership that would help him both in his classes and his pocket book. Catalina Ventura has proved so far to be a great opportunity for us and Robert enjoys the children and his coworks. Robert should graduate with his bachelors in January of 2010 which I am sure will fly by. He will try to stay on with Catalina as a SLP as he works toward a Masters degree. He will try to get into the partnership program where he can take night school and work full time. This way he will get lots of experience at a bachelors level during his 3 year masters patnership program.

Robert and I are very excited for the years to come and what life will bring us along the way. We are trying very hard to make a good life for our future family and we have set many goals for ourselves that we are very optimistic about. We are greatful for the support of our family and friends and hope you all enjoy whatching our life as it unfolds through our blog. Just as we will enjoy watching yours!

7 comments:

The Bluths said...

Hey cute blog!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Love the picture of you guys! Beautiful! Glad everything is going good!

Moses Family said...

Yay an update finally!!! :) Sounds like everything is going well for you two! That makes me happy! We love you guys!

The Bluths said...

http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

try this site for blog layouts, although yours looks fantastic!

sarah said...

I love your new layout and little slide show on the side. Glad you finally updated!

MyKelle J said...

Ok so I totally didn't know you had a blog. Now I can blog stalk you too. It sounds like you guys are doing well.Good luck with school and your interships!

MyKelle J said...

hey there lady, I tagged you in my blog.