Friday, August 29, 2008

Fall of 08, First week

My first real semester at ASU started this last monday. I say real because I had a summer class but...........that didnt really count. Ok, so I am taking the shuttle from ASU west to main campus which saves me loads on gas and only takes around 30-40 minutes, however the main drawback is having to get there 25-30 minutes before the bus is to leave or else you'll be among the 20-25 people standing in the aisle. No joke! I got there the other day 25 minutes early and was in the middle of the "first to get on mob" and got a set at the very back of the bus. The day after I was running late and hurred to the bus before this girl that arrived around the same time I did and we both got on and only one other person behind her and the doors shut. A disabled person came and everyone that was standing had to get off because some people were filling the space that is saved for a wheel chair. So he got on and all the aisle people pushed and shoved back in and the girl that got on with me didn't make it on the second time, the doors shut and there was nothing that could be done after. I felt so bad for her because she was on the first time. I didnt want to look through the glass into her eyes, I felt like I was one of the last people to get a life raft off of the titanic. But what I hear is that after the two week mark people drop classes and get fed up with the bus system thus alliviating space on the bus. Or so I hope.
The classes I am in so far are a breeze and not to mention that my laptop makes taking and organizing notes a breeze, it even makes it more enjoyable to study. Though I didn't know that all of this would give me extra work. Because my notes are so nice and complete a freind or two are kicking back in class and have me email them the notes, I think I am going to start charging.
I also have an update on my internship.....I got it!!!!! Today was my third day in my internship. I am under a CCC-SLP that graduated 2 years ago from ASU and knows my teachers and at least one remembers her. So, I am the one giving the therapy to the kids and she takes notes, like the therapy notes on the children. (Look its Mister Robert, thats what the kids call me at school)


At the end of the semester Ill have my Speech Language Therapy Assistant certification and I will be able to give therapy with out supervision. I am stoked about what is going on in my life and the potential of my future.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Sounds like a great start to your semester. Your internship is a great thing, it will look nice on your resume, not to mention the certification you will be getting!